For most people, the Blackberry is an essential part of everyday life. After browsing around for hours, looking for handy apps for my blackberry, I realized I had been to over a dozen sites to find my top picks scattered all around the place. So I decided to post a nifty list of my fave blackberry apps:
- Viigo – An amazing RSS reader that lets you keep in touch with the latest news, stock quotes, weather, sports and even flight information. A definite necessity for any blackberry user.
- Google Maps – Lets you look up maps on your blackberry and also gives you directions, uses cellular towers to triangulate your position and find locations by voice.
- Yahoo! Go – If you have a Yahoo! email account or use Flickr, you will find this app very useful. Also includes weather reports, maps, local listings, sports and a lot more with a very clean-cut interface.
- Google Sync – Probably the most important application on my Blackberry. Lets you sync your Blackberry Calendar with your Gmail Calendar. The newer version also lets you sync your contacts. Very helpful in case you lose your phone or need to bulk-edit your contacts.
- Twitterberry – Small little app that lets you twitter right from your berry. Also lets you post your photos from your blackberry to twitpic and then twitter about the photo you took.
- Sudoku – The Blackberry can be a very serious and daunting piece of equipment and thats why we need some entertainment to lighten the mood. Sudoku from Magmic.com is excellent while you are on transit or waiting in line. For something a little challenging, try the “Genius” level.
I hope you enjoyed my short list. If you have an essential app you can’t live without, drop me a comment.